04.022022Blade CT simulation and reconstructionCategory "CIVA Software"
The CT module available in the current version of CIVA simulation software allows you to find the most suitable configuration to optimize not only the acquisition but also the reconstruction process. The CT setup can be prepared through simulation. Thus, the time necessary for a setup may be optimized. Among other things, CIVA will help you with:
- Improving control of the acquisition set-up to find the best configuration,
- Evaluating various factors affecting the image quality, such as the misalignment of the source versus the detector system,
- Evaluating the performance of different reconstruction algorithms (with the classic 3D analytic FDK algorithm or more advanced iterative ones such PIX TV, SART…),
- Visualizing the reconstructed volume (3D) through arbitrarily orientated sections.
And some new features are also available in CIVA 2021:
- You can export the 3D reconstructed part in STL format, so that you can use it as a CAD model for further analysis or simulations (in CIVA for instance).
- You can also export one or all the projections directly in ImageJ thanks to a dedicated bridge available in CIVA, giving access to extensive analysis tools.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information about CIVA.
The EXTENDE team.